Last updated: February 12, 2013
Useful File Utilities
Information about Batch Replacer for MS Excel
Download Batch Replacer for MS
Excel (653 KB) (version 2.6)
See also: Batch Replacer for MS Word
Batch Replacer for MS PowerPoint
Batch Replacer for MS Excel is a plug-in which helps to make a multi-replacement operations in MS Excel files
with using parameters from the MS Excel Translation table. One can use it if Useful File Utilities have already been installed in the computer.
It can really save a great deal of time: no need to open each file and make the replacement and then open the other file
and so on. All can be done in few seconds and as many files as you want may be involved.
Batch Replacer for MS Excel offers such distinctive features as:
- Support Unicode (foreign language) search and replace;
- Multiple searches at one time;
- Search and replace with all Excel's options such as Case sensitive, Whole word, Whole cell etc.;
- Ability to specify formatting for the searching/replacing text;
- Ability to perform search operation in Values of the cells in the document;
- Ability to perform search operation in Formulas of the cells in the document;
- Ability to perform search operation in Hyperlinks of the cells in the document;
- Ability to perform search operation in Comments of the cells in the document;
- Ability to set text for the cell defined by absolute address;
- Create backup files for the processed documents;
- Save processed documents to the files which names generate by mask;
- Complete program documentation.
How to use it:
- Create a MS Excel Translation Table. In column A enter the word or expression that should be replaced. In column B enter
the word or expression it should be replaced by. The new word can be italicised or highlighted or can be printed in
different colour or be bolded etc. in order to see it in the document when the replacement will be done.
- Select the needed files in the main program (UFU) Ė those, in which the replacement is to be done. The files
can be selected by pressing "SPACE" (names of the files become red).
- Open Batch Replacer for MS Excel in "Plug-ins" menu.
- Select the Translation Table created on the first step by pressing "Choose" in the "Translation Table" panel.
- "Advanced options" can be used before replace is started. Marking such points as "Set the same highlight"
or "Set the same bold style" or some other, means making the style of new words in the document like in the MS Excel table
(they will be highlighted and bolded). For example, if in column B of the Excel list there is the word hello
(coloured and highlighted) and "Set the same highlight" and "Set the same colour" marked, this word in the document
will look just the same - hello. But if these points arenít marked, the word will look like the other words in the
document, in which replacement should be done.
Batch Replacer for MS Excel has such advanced options as: size, highlight, name of font, color of font, Bold style, Italic style,
- "Case sensitive": Batch Replacer will find and replace only words, that have the same form in letters (capital or small) as
pointed in column A of MS Excel table table (for example, if there is "Hello" in Excel table and "hello" in the document,
Batch Replacer wonít replace this word).
- Having marked all the nescesary options, press "Start Replace".
- When the replacement is done, the statistics is shown: size before, size after, changed size, amount of changed words or expressions and status of the
document (changed or unchanged).